Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday Evening

So no new photos for a while. My purse was stolen on Wednesday and in it was my camera :( I went through the whole process of canceling cards and ordering new ones. Quite a stressful ordeal. I didn't realize how much I kept in my purse until I started missing items. I went to mail a letter and realized that my stamps were in the purse. Then I went to put on some lipstick only to realize that it was in my purse. What an annoyance!!!

Anyways... It is late Saturday night and we are just relaxing at home. I am 35 weeks and today the baby dropped. I could really feel a difference in the baby's position. I felt uncomfortable all day. It was difficult to walk and I could feel lots of pressure on my bladder. I also felt really hungry. I guess the baby moved and left more room for my stomach :)

I am reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I am reading natural birth stories. It is really empowering to read the stories of women who had a natural birth that was a positive experience. In our society today it is hard to find these stories. Pregnant women are often told of all the medical interventions that are available and are lead to believe that childbirth is a painful experience that needs all the pain relief that can be offered. I cannot believe that since I went 9 months of carefully watching what went into my body that I am now going to allow all these drugs and medications to enter my system. It just doesn't make sense to me. I am not saying that I am turning my back on modern medicine, only that I will try my hardest to have a natural birth and if my life or the baby's life is in trouble then I will be in the hospital and all the latest medical interventions will be there waiting for me.

No comments: