Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Update

On Friday Basil's new family drove up from Edmonton to pick him up. I got an update from them and he is settling in nicely. Archie and Yogi adapted surprisingly well to his leaving. On the long weekend all three dogs were separated and Archie had some troubles adjusting to life without his buddies so I didn't think he would be o.k. with Basil leaving. But sometimes things just work out...

I booked my maternity photo shoot today. I have the most awesome photographer, Melina Perron. You can check out some of her work at: http://melinaperronphotography.blogspot.com/ After the baby is born we are going to get family photos as well. I am really excited about the shoot especially since I will have a ton of great photos to scrapbook.

Tomorrow I am meeting with my doula, Carly. Many people have asked me, "What is a doula?" Well.. The word has come to refer to "a woman experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother before, during and just after childbirth." (Klaus, Kennell and Klaus, Mothering the Mother) So basically Carly is there to support me through the birth and help me have a positive experience. Carly is just starting her training as a doula but she is so knowledgeable and I am learning so much from her.

1 comment:

jem said...

Thanks for the plug. I am really excited to see you belly.