Thursday, August 30, 2007

Baby Gifts

Everyone has been asking us what Dolan needs. I hate to ask for anything because we have everything we need but I can understand why people would ask the question. I have come up with a list of things that we don't have or could use in the near future. Dolan is very lucky because he has received so much love from his Daddy, Mommy, Grandparents, Uncles, Friends, etc... We have received so much support and encouragement over the past week it has been wonderful. We are enjoying our time home with him and sharing him with others. I am glad we have this page so everyone can see how special he is.

O.K... here is that list I mentioned ...

* Boy clothes (3 months and larger)
* Snowsuit
* Gift certificate for a local scrapbook store (I just received my maternity photos and on Monday we go in for a newborn photo shoot. So I have lots of baby photos to scrapbook.)
* Nursing tops, size medium (or a gift certificate for a shop that sells them. I really am not sure where to purchase them but with all the nursing we are doing this would be appreciated.)
* Toys, rattles and such
* Baby gate (I know he is not crawling yet but this would be helpful now to keep the dogs separate from the baby.
* Play gym or play mat (something that the baby can lay underneath and play with)
* Thermometer
* Bumbo baby seat (I have heard that this is good for feeding as well and sitting up in)
* Receiving blankets and soft blankets
* Books (Board books and soft books. Can you believe that teacher mommy doesn't have any baby books yet! I can't...)
* Cloth diapers (We have enough newborn cloth diapers. I would love to try different brands. Motherease come highly recommended and are the same price as the ones you can buy at Sears. The one size are most economical because they can be used from 8 pounds up. Motherease diapers can be found at Cravings Maternity in Saskatoon or online at www.motherease.com)
* Swing (We have a second hand swing which works fine but is quite loud. I don't know if new swings are more quiet but if we did receive a new quiet swing I would donate our used one to a local women's shelter.)

I think that is a large enough list. We have already received some beautiful gifts:

Grandpa Graham gave us baby money. So far we bought a beautiful custom made sling.
Grandpa and Grandma Kun bought Dolan a dresser/change table combo.
Grandma Graham bought newborn outfits that actually fit Dolan.
Great Aunt Carol bought newborn outfits and a cloth diaper and cover.
Uncle Ryan got Dolan some brand name outfits. (Ryan... Everyone comments on the Old Navy hat... Everyone!)
Lorna and Jim got Dolan a super soft winter outfit.
Elaine and Bill bought us a baby monitor. Not only can we hear Dolan but Mommy can call to Daddy for help changing diapers...

Hmmm... I think that is everything so far but I really need to get off the computer and into the kitchen for supper so I hope I didn't miss anyone. Grandma Kun will be hosting the baby shower and when the date is set I will post it.

No comments: