Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Baby Shower

I am so happy.... Today was my last day at work. I enjoyed working for the Canadian Diabetes Association (www.diabetes.ca) and all the people in the Saskatoon office are great but I am ready to relax at home. I just want to sleep when I am tired and get up when I feel like it not when my alarm dictates. I am really hoping to have a week of rest until baby comes but you never know when these things happen. I realize that when the baby arrives I won't have much sleep time so I am really looking forward to the next week of rest and relaxation.

Quite a few people are asking when we will have a baby shower. My mother has volunteered to host it at her house. I am just going to wait to see how we are all feeling before we set a date. I think we have everything we need for the first few weeks. On facebook I posted pictures of some of the stuff we already have including a crib, swing, changing table, and an exersauser. We also have some newborn sleepers and blankets. Since we don't know if we will have a boy or girl we don't have any cute gender specific outfits yet.

We also have some newborn cloth diapers. We are excited to use cloth diapers with our little one. I have talked to many others about using them and read about them on the internet and everyone insists that it is not much work and quality diapers can prevent many of the blow-ups that disposables have. I am looking forward to using the Motherease one size diapers once the baby is a bit bigger. Information on these diapers can be found at:

http://www.motherease.com/database/scripts/store_products.pl?TopCat=3&SecCat=1&SID=ed8cb474734dd7134aae8015eb675464&Loc=CA

I would also like to try some of the All in one Diapers. These diapers are more expensive but come with a cover. These can be viewed at:

http://www.motherease.com/database/scripts/store_products.pl?TopCat=3&SecCat=3&SID=ed8cb474734dd7134aae8015eb675464&Loc=CA

I ordered the introductory offer so I can try one out but would love to get some more. I read somewhere that if you have 24 diapers you will do laundry every 2-3 days. The Motherease diapers can be purchase from the Motherease website (www.motherease.com) or in Saskatoon at Cravings Maternity and Baby Boutique (on 8th St.).

No comments: